Sunday, March 14, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness Pin Knitting Pattern

In honor of my friends Carrie and Raema, and all women facing breast cancer, I worked up a quick and simple pattern for a knitted breast cancer awareness pin. Feel free to share it with a link to this page.

Pink fingering weight yarn (I used Knit Picks Stroll), although any fingering weight will do
Size 0 or 1 knitting needles
Safety pin

Cast on 40 stitches using your favorite cast on method. I used long tail.
Knit 3 rows.
Bind off.
Weave in ends.

Cross your ribbon over to form a loop, and use a scrap of your yarn to secure it. I just used a sharp yarn needle to tack it down. Attach to your pin, and you are done.

It actually took me longer to bind this off than it did to knit it! Very quick and easy. You could do other memorial ribbons as well, just by changing the color.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your pattern and your intro reminded me of my grandmother, Carrie, whom we lost in February 2010 due to Breast/Lung Cancer.

Thank you,
Carrie (yes, I was named for her.)