Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Day of Fibery Goodness

As you can see from my picture, I had a lovely day dyeing up some of Izzy's fleece we took off last week. I used Jacquard Acid Dye, and love the pink and green, but find the yellow to be a bit much. Fortunately, I think carding in a bit of undyed fiber will tone it down.

My plan is to spin it up and make a shawl to donate to make money for the Tim Gifford Memorial Scholarship. Tim was a neighbor of ours and the boy we got Izzy from. He was killed at the age of 20 in a car accident right down the street. He was one of several kids killed in our neighborhood over the last several years due to accidents,  and it totally breaks my heart to think about it. I hope I can come up with a worthy design.

On top of my dyeing adventures, I also managed to fit some spinning in, and even cleaned the cat boxes, so it was a good day all around.


No comments: