Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Free Pattern: The Brainless Cowl

Inspiration Mondays
I'm happy to say, the Brainless Cowl is just that, brainless.  I was looking for a way to use up some of my many skeins of handspun yarn, and sometimes I could knit on autopilot while I read a book.  Hence, the Brainless Cowl, a giftable project you can complete in an evening while sitting in front of  movie or reading a book.
This cowl is simplicity itself. For the cowl pictured,  I cast on 80 stitches on a set of US 10, 16 in circular needles, and I knit for 5 rounds, purled for 5 rounds, alternating as I  went, ending on a knit set, and bound off loosely when I ran out of my skein of worsted weight handspun yarn.
This pattern is very easy to adapt to any weight yarn. If you are using fingering weight, go down to a US size 6 needle, and increase your stitch count to 120.  If you want a longer cowl, kust add more stitches.
I hope you enjoy this fast, stress free knit.

3 comments:

A Baby's Smile Knits said...

I love it!!! There is nothing like a quick and easy project that makes a statement.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!