Saturday, March 9, 2013

#Knitchat and Entrelac


Since my last post, I'm feeling much better and am back to knitting comfortably.  Mom's cataract surgery went well.  I finished my potato chip scarf, and it turned out beautifully.  The picture really doesn't do it justice, but things have been crazy busy, and I haven't had a chance to set up for some good shots.



I started an entrelac cowl in preparation for doing a baby blanket.  Entrelac is one of those
things that I've wanted to try for a long time, but for some reason, it really intimidated me.
I finally decided to be bold, and just do it, and discovered that plain entrelac is
simple and makes great tv knitting.  I can now knit backwards as fast as I can purl,
and aside from left hand triangles and picking up stitches on the wrong side (for
some reason they both freak me out, I don't know why), I love it, and truly enjoy
it.  This is a picture of the start of the baby blanket.  Shown are the base triangles and the first row of right side rectangles.

My other new knitting related project is helping to revive #knitchat on Twitter.  It died out a few months ago when it became to difficult for Natalie to host every week, so a few of us have banded together to take turns hosting.  If you are interested in joining in #knitchat, head over to our all new #Knitchat-ter blog for all the details.  You can check out our recent #knitchat activity there, or you can go to Twitter.com and search #knitchat. I hosted my first chat about lace knitting, and despite being crazy nervous, it went pretty well.  I need to figure out the best way to keep track of the chat, and post, and remember my hashtag, and... And I guess I loved it and had a great time!


3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Looks like you're doing really well with the entrelac. I started a vest a long time ago, and your post was a good reminder for me to dig it out and finish it!

Unknown said...

It goes a lot more quickly than I would have guessed. It's so easy, and people are really impressed with it!

Judy S. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Those collars are really fun. One ball of Amitol, I think, will make two!